Everyone can benefit from regular exercise. people who are active will:
- have stronger muscles and bones
- have a leaner body because exercise helps control body fat
- be less likely to become overweight
- decrease the risk of developing type 2 diabetes
- possibly lower blood pressure and blood cholesterol levels
- have a better outlook on life
Besides enjoying the health benefits of regular exercise, teenagers who are physically fit sleep better and are better able to handle physical and emotional challenges — from running to catch a bus to studying for a test.
Finding an activity they are interested in can be tough, but there are a whole range of activity experiences available, just find one that suits. Look at the local leisure centre or community centre at what courses and activities they offer. Even going out on a bike ride or for a walk in the evenings can help!