We are keen to encourage all eligible families to take up their entitlement to free school meals.
Even if you do not wish to access the actual free school meals, this will still qualify your child’s school for additional pupil premium funding.
This means that more money comes to the school to provide extra support, interventions or financial help with educational activities such as trips or booster classes.
We are committed as a school to ensuring that all pupils achieve their full potential and so it is important that all pupils who qualify for pupil premium funding take up this entitlement. Our school meals are cashless and so there is no identification to other pupils of who is accessing this provision.
If you get any of the following support payments your child may be entitled to receive free school meals:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit Run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Children who receive a qualifying benefit in their own right are also allowed to receive free school meals. Children under the compulsory school age who are in full time education may also be entitled to receive free school meals.
To apply please contact Leicestershire County Council Free School Meals Service.
LCC Free School Meals Service
Free School Meals Application Form:
Free School Meals Application Form