Oak Multi Academy Trust is made up of five schools:
- Brookside Primary School
- Manor High School
- Overdale Infant School
- Overdale Junior School
- Woodland Grange Primary School
The Oak MAT will ensure that our school continues to provide the best possible standard of education and care for our children.
Key points of being part of the Multi-Academy Trust
- Our school will retain its character and will continue to look, feel and be the same as it is now with the same uniform, school name, school times, holiday pattern and admission policy. Most of the changes will be behind the scenes.
- The MAT organisation does not affect your choice of secondary school for your child. We will continue to work closely with all our local schools including all our local secondary schools in areas such as Year 6/Year 7 transition and events
- A Headteacher and Governing Body will continue to lead our school on a daily basis as they do now and parents will continue to be represented on the Governing Body
- The MAT arrangements will share some services across the schools which will help them be more efficient and make sure that funding is focused on teaching, learning and support for children
Being part of the MAT will:
- Help us to develop the highest quality of leadership and management and the highest quality of teaching and learning
- Give us greater freedoms in developing the school curriculum to make sure that it is personalised to the needs of our pupils, ensuring high expectation and total conviction that all pupils can succeed whatever their circumstances, background or previous level of attainment
- Provide economic benefits such as centralised services and economies of scale
- Enable us to support each other as the support from local authorities reduces
- Increase the flexibility of the school budget and funds which gives us more freedom to spend it to best meet the priorities of the school and pupils
- Provide the opportunity to establish succession planning programmes and in doing so, retaining good staff who might otherwise move on – including head teachers
Governors believe that academy status within a MAT is the best way to support the school in continuing to develop and improve, and that working together within the Trust will bring benefits to teaching and learning and this will impact on children’s achievement.
Oak Trust website