Manor High School is proud to be an active part of the local community and strives to ensure we offer support wherever we can.
Over the years the school has served the community in many ways:
- the school can be used as a venue for learning and local clubs;
- students have joined in with community initiatives such as the Borough Council’s Take Pride campaign;
- we worked hard alongside community leaders to maintain public services, such as getting the number 31 bus service reinstated
- we visit the local community with our orchestra and singing groups
- we support local charity fundraising, such as shoe box appeals and the Rotary Club Swimarathon
Replace with further content or remove this additional text...
Community links are fully embedded into the life and work of the school and we believe they provide valuable experiences which support the curriculum and enhance young people’s learning. In line with our core values, we feel that through community projects our students will develop respect for others and care for the environment.
Our staff and students are actively encouraged to get involved with the local community in some way. The school also works to create strong and sustained links with groups elsewhere, both in the UK and abroad, to provide and receive information, expertise or enrichment.