How to report a COVID-19 case
If you have a case to report, please contact the school on 0116 271 4941.
Please note: voicemail, email or School Gateway messages should only be used to confirm details of a conversation held between parents and staff.
Please report immediately:
- any child with symptoms
- any tests taken by your child or others in your household
- any test results
Your child should stay off school:
- if your child display symptoms
- if anyone in the household displays symptoms
- while awaiting a test result
- if there is a positive a test result in your household
- if they have been in close contact with anyone who has tested positive
- if they have been advised to self-isolate
Please help us reduce the risk for all by:
- following the government’s coronavirus advice
- wearing a mask (unless exempt)
- adhering to social distancing
- washing or sanitising hands regularly
- Self-isolation means your child must remain at home both during the school week and during weekends.
- They shouldn’t be taking part in any activities such as sport during this self-isolation period or coming into contact with anyone outside of their home.
- Your child should also remain at home while taking other children within the household to school.
- Your child must stay at home for 10 days. This is because it can take several days before an individual develops symptoms, or the virus can be detected.
- If a child has been identified as a contact, a negative test result does not mean they can return to school earlier.
Note: although the whole family doesn’t have to self-isolate unless your child themselves develops symptoms, you may wish to take extra care during this period, especially to minimise contact you have with older relatives.
The following documents relate to the steps being taken during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Leicestershire and Rutland COVID-19 Outbreak Management Plan for Education Settings (January 2022)
- Local Authority Letter to parents re vaccines (January 2022)
- Local Authority Letter to parents re close contacts (January 2022)
- Covid-19 Catch-Up Funding Strategy 2020-21 (updated April 2021)
- Behaviour policy letter
- Risk assessment (updated September 2021)
- DfE Free School Meals Voucher Service Privacy Notice
- COVID-19 - Track and Trace Privacy Notice
- Response flow chart
- Remote Learning Policy