As you will see if you visit the school, our students wear the Manor High uniform with pride.
Uniform is an important part of a school’s identity. It plays a key role in promoting pride, self-confidence, and a feeling of belonging. These factors contribute to students' wellbeing, removing the additional pressures of deciding what to wear and added stress of meeting the expectations of peers. School uniforms improve performance by helping students focus on learning rather than fashion and support equality.
We appreciate the support of all parents in maintaining high standards of dress at all times and don’t tolerate deviation from the uniform, nor excessive jewellery and make up.
If you have any questions about the guidance, or are unsure whether a piece of uniform is acceptable, please consult the school before buying by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Where to buy our uniform
Manor High School uniform is available to purchase from our local schoolwear shop:
64 London Road
For those who prefer to order online, please visit their website. Items that can only be purchased at Schoolwear Solutions are marked with an asterisk (*).
Standard items can be purchased anywhere. We also have a second-hand uniform shop in school run by the Friends of Manor High. Parents who have financial difficulty in providing uniform are supported by the school.
Our uniform consists of:
- Grey blazer with the Manor High logo*
- Grey v-neck knitted jumper with the Manor High logo (optional)*
- White formal shirt with buttons to neck, long sleeve or short sleeve
- Manor High striped clip on tie in house colours (two lengths available)*
- Manor High tartan skirt* or formal tailored black trousers/shorts. No leggings allowed.
- Plain white, grey or black socks
- Plain skin-coloured, black or grey tights
- Formal school shoes, i.e. leather or simulated leather that can be polished and are solid black (please see examples below)
- A plain (black or grey) headscarf may be worn for religious reasons
- E-card and house lanyard for use in the library and for the purchase of lunch/snacks
- Manor High PE kit* (see details below)
House lanyards and e-cards are supplied to each student on joining the school. Replacements, in the event of loss or damage, are available to buy on School Gateway and cost £3.00 each (lanyards) and £4.00 each (e-cards). Students can collect replacement items from reception.
We highly recommend that all uniform is clearly labelled with your child’s name/tutor group so if it’s ever misplaced it can be safely returned.
Coats and school bags are the students’ choice but should be suitable for the school environment, as will be carried throughout the day.
Items that are not permitted:
- Phones or AirPods, or versions of (not to be visible or used while on school premises)
- Make up, false eyelashes, nail varnish or jewellery must not be worn for school, items of jewellery which are not in line with the policy will be confiscated. If ears are already pierced, only one small, playing gold or silver coloured stud may be worn in each ear lobe.
- Facial piercings and nose rings. Any nose piercings must be nothing other than a clear stud in the nose. No other body-piercing is allowed including tongue studs or other additional ear piercings. All studs should be removed for PE.
- Nail varnish and any type of false nails (i.e. acrylic, gel or shellac)
- Brightly coloured hair (no brightly-dyed/ multi-tonal hair is permitted.
- Skinny jeans or leggings
- Hoodies or any branded sportswear (other than MHS PE kit)
- Trainers or shoes that feature logos
- Brightly coloured or patterned headscarves
Only black polishable leather or simulated leather shoes are permitted. Boots, canvas shoes or trainer style shoes are not permitted, including branded sports makes including (but not limited to) Nike, Adidas, Reebok, Converse and Vans.
We enforce the uniform policy with zero tolerance of infringements. Students who don't respect our uniform standards will be sanctioned accordingly.
PE Kit - Boys and Girls
- Blue Manor High blue t-shirt*
- Blue Manor High navy shorts/tracksuit bottoms/leggings*
- Blue Manor High football socks*
- Studded football boots (for activities on the playing fields)
- Shin Pads (for football and hockey)
- Gum shield (for rugby and hockey)
- Manor High navy fleece/multi-sports top*
- Blue, black or white base layer (e.g. skin tight under armour)
It is compulsory that students wear studded footwear for activities on the playing fields during the autumn and winter months as well as shin pads for football and hockey for safety reasons. A gum shield is strongly recommended when playing rugby and hockey.
On any day when students are timetabled for PE, they come into school for the whole day in PE kit. This negates the use of the changing rooms and helps minimise clothing items being misplaced/forgotten.
Branded sportswear or alternatives to the kit specified above, are not permitted. Students who don't respect our uniform standards may be sanctioned accordingly.
We want our students to be comfortable and warm during PE lessons outside. Students are required to wear appropriate PE kit at all times as specified above. During winter months, students will be allowed to wear under armour in the form of long-sleeved skin-tight tops and sports leggings under their polo shirts and shorts in the colours indicated above.
No tracksuits or fleeces are to be worn indoors. However, specific adaptations to the PE kit are permitted for religious requirements.