As you will see if you visit the school, our students wear the Manor High uniform with pride.
We believe strongly in the importance of uniform in schools. It supports greater safety through quick recognition both inside and outside school, it creates a sense of identity and a sense of togetherness. Uniform relieves pressure on students from having to grow up too soon or to be pressured into wearing expensive or fashionable items of clothing. It keeps the focus on learning and this is supportive as well as a useful reminder of the core purpose of school.
Parents who have financial difficulty in providing uniform are supported by the school and we have the support of all parents in maintaining high standards of dress at all times.
We don’t tolerate deviation from the uniform, nor excessive jewellery and make up.
Manor High School uniform is available to purchase from our local schoolwear shop,
64 London Road
For those who prefer to order online, please visit their website. Items that can only be purchased at Schoolwear Solutions are marked with an asterisk (*).
The uniform consists of:
- Grey blazer with the Manor High logo*
- Grey v-neck knitted jumper with the Manor High logo*
- White formal shirt with buttons to neck, long sleeve or short sleeve
- Manor High striped clip on tie in house colours (two lengths available)*
- Formal black knee length skirt, or
- Formal tailored black trousers
- A plain (black or grey) headscarf may be worn for religious reasons
- Plain white or black socks
- Plain skin-coloured, black or grey tights
- Formal school shoes (i.e. they can be polished and are solid black)
- E-card and house lanyard for use in the library and for the purchase of lunch/snacks
- Only one pair of small stud earrings and a watch is permitted
- Manor High PE kit* (see details below)
House lanyards are available from school reception and cost £3.00 each (payment via Schoolgateway). E-cards are supplied free of charge but replacements, in the event of loss or damage, cost £4 and can be ordered via Schoolgateway.
We highly recommend that all uniform is clearly labelled with your child’s name so if it’s ever misplaced it can be safely returned.
Coats and school bags are the students’ choice but should be suitable for the school environment, as will be carried throughout the day.
Items that are not permitted:
- Make up
- Nail varnish and any type of false nails (i.e. acrylic, gel or shellac)
- Brightly coloured hair (i.e. any colour that is not a natural hair colour)
- Skinny jeans or leggings
- Short skirts
- Trainers or shoes that feature logos
- Brightly coloured or patterned head scarves
Students who don't respect our uniform standards may be sanctioned accordingly.
PE Kit - Boys and Girls
- Blue Manor High polo shirt*
- Blue Manor High shorts*
- Blue Manor High football socks*
- Trainers (not fashion shoes)
Additional Essential Items:
- Studded boots (football, rugby, hockey)
- Shin pads (football, hockey)
- Mouth guard (rugby, hockey)
- Manor High fleece/multi sports top
- Manor High tracksuit bottoms/training trousers
- Black, blue or white under armour
Students are allowed to wear a Manor High School fleece and tracksuit over the top of their kit when outdoors. No tracksuits or fleeces are allowed to be worn indoors. However, specific adaptations to the PE kit are permitted for religious requirements.