Students at Manor High School generally study nine GCSEs. These are made up of English Baccalaureate (EBacc) subjects and option choices.
The option process starts in the autumn term of Year 9 for students to commence their studies in Year 10.
We support our students throughout the options process to ensure they make the right choices for them based on their strengths and future plans.
We recommend that, wherever possible, our students study the English Baccalaureate. This is a group of GCSE subjects that are regularly asked for by university courses. The EBacc includes academic subjects highly valued by Russell Group universities.
Options Timeline and Process
Year 9 Autumn Term 2:
- Year 9 students and parents will be sent our Options information to help inform their decisions
- During our Options assemblies, presentations will be given about the options process and subjects available
- Subject leaders are available to further inform and to help give support to students with their choices
- Year 9 students will submit their choices via Options Online
Year 9 Spring Term:
- The option choices made by students will inform the curriculum planning and timetabling process.
Year 9 Summer Term (July):
- Student timetables are confirmed.